The 3D-Bioplotter System is a versatile rapid prototyping tool for processing a great variety of biomaterials for computer-aided tissue engineering (CATE), from 3D CAD models and patient CT data to the physical 3D scaffold with a designed and defined outer form and an open inner structure.
- Built-in camera to enhance needle calibration and to ensure consistent prints
- Temperature controlled build platform and sensor ports. This allows greater material variety and finely tuned environments for low tolerance scaffolding.
- Five cartridges slots for more materials in a single print.
- Designed for research groups new to the field of tissue engineering with few requirements in parallel material processing and automation.
- Consisting of the same basic hardware and software as the Manufacturer & Developer Series, but lacking modular capability and platform temperature control.
- Not upgradable to the same capability of the Developer or Manufacturer Series.
A simple process: A liquid, melt, paste or gel is dispensed from a material cartridge through a needle tip from a 3-axis system to create a 3D object.
One single requirement: The material to be used must, through a physical or chemical reaction, solidify.
A world of possibilities: The widest range of materials of any 3D printing technology can be processed.
- Build speed in constant through the build up to 1” (25 mm) at 0.0039” (100 µm) voxel thickness
- Economic material use with no vat
- Very few moving parts and minimal consumable components make the system user serviceable
- Quick and easy material changeover
Sterile and Particle
Platform Temperature Control
Yes (Chiller Included): -10° – 80°C (15° – 176° F)
Head Temperature Range
Low: 0° – 70°C (32° – 158°F) or High: 30° – 250°C (86° – 482°F)
No. of Heads Included
Tool Changer Type
Modular Tool Changer
10 – 30 ml (.3 – 1.0 fl oz)
Other Usable Modules
Platform Height Control
External Temp. Ports
Build Volume (XYZ)
150 x 150 x 150 mm (5.91 x 5.91 x 5.51 in.)
0.1 – 150 mm/s (0.004 – 5.91 in/s)
Minimum Strand Diameter
0.100 mm (0.004 in.) Material Dependent
Axis Resolution (XYZ)
0.001 mm (0.00004 in.)
- A new user management allows users to both share projects, materials and patterns, as well as have their own separate set of files for improved overview and security.
- Input of outer shapes through STL files
- Multi-part and multi-material capable through the use of an automatic tool changer and multiple print heads.
- Generation of volume support structures for complex shapes.
- Database of inner patterns (user-editable) in the controlling software, avoiding requiring patterns in the STL files.
- Complex inner pattern with straight lines, zig-zag shapes and wave forms as well as hexagon shapes, including shift functions for “in between the lines”printing
- Database of materials (user-editable) with all process parameters.
- Material life time control to avoid scaffold fabrication with degraded materials.
- Complete control of all printing parameters (temperature, pressure, speed, etc) through the software.
- Photographic log of the full platform for each layer available for verification of error-free object interior after printing.
- Mid-print measurement of strand dimensions using the built-in camera.
- Automatic platform height control for petri dishes, well plates, as well as other printing surfaces.
- Improved surface finish of fabricated parts using randomized start position in outer contours.
- 2D Dot-Printing (Biopatterning) capability
- Individual temperature control of each printing head, both in the parking positions, as well as during printing
- Low-Temperature Print Head: 0° – 70°C (32° – 158°F) with disposable PE cartridges.
- High-Temperature Print Head: 30° – 250°C (86° – 482°F) with reusable stainless steel cartridges.
- UV Curing Head (365 nm).
- Needle cleaning station, with automatic cleaning before and during the print project available.
- Luer Lock needle tips, 0.1mm to 1.0mm inner diameter available.
- Automatic recalibration of park position coordinates in extensively used 3D-Bioplotters.
- LOG file creation after project completion with all relevant data.
- Footprint (L x W x H): 976 x 623 x 773 mm (38.4 x 24.5 x 30.4 in.)
- Weight: About 130 kg (66 lbs)